Android Developers Officials

Android Developers Official Facebook Page

Wednesday 23 April 2014

How to Disable the “My Magazine” feature in Samsung Galaxy S5

How to Disable the “My Magazine” feature in Samsung Galaxy S5

 

The My Magazine feature is a good addition to the new TouchWiz UI in the Galaxy S5, and this is similar to the Blinkfeed feature in the HTC Sense. This keeps its place on the extreme left when you scroll through the home screens, and it gives you the latest updates from the selected social media websites, and the stories are quite interesting as only the trending and interesting ones are shown there. For the HTC users, they had to wait for an update if they wanted to disable this feature, but Samsung isn’t bad on this part as there is a way you can disable the My Magazine feature if you didn’t want to use it.

Disable My Magazine S5

For those who are going through the My Magazine app settings, there is nothing available there for you to do to disable the application or the newsfeed, as you need to go to the Application Manager for disabling the app and not just the news feed.

Scroll to Settings > Applications > Tap on Application Manager
In the Application Manager, go to the “All” tab and there, locate the “My Magazine” app to open the settings for this particular application.

Samsung Galaxy S5 My Magazine App Manager

In the App info page of My Magazine, you would see the options “Force stop” and “Disable”. While force stopping the app would make the app non-functional for just a few seconds, you need to tap the “Disable” option to completely stop the app from working until you wanted it to function again.

You would get a warning saying “Disable built-in apps? Disabling built-in apps may cause errors in other apps”. You need to accept it and hit “OK” to disable the My Magazine application.

Samsung Galaxy S5 Disable My Magazine

Once you tap the Disable option, this application would go into the “Disabled” apps list from where you could enable it anytime later. The My Magazine isn’t really an annoying app as it lies in the corner and opens only when you wanted to check the latest news feed, but you can easily disable it if you felt it shouldn’t have been there as one of the home screens at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment